Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Rascal's Missing :(


Rascal is missing. We don't know what happened to him! Sunday was when we realized we really hadn't seen him for a couple of days so first thing Monday morning, the boys & I took a trip out to the Utah County Animal Shelter. We've seen a few animal control cars around so we thought maybe they picked him up. We got into the last room of cats and we all stopped when we saw a grey cat nearly identical to Rascal.....the boys & I thought it was Rascal. I went and paid the impound fee and everything!! But when I went to pick him up, he wouldn't come to me, and then I noticed, the cat didn't have the little tuft of white in the front like our Rascal does. I think the cat in the shelter was a little bigger than Rascal too, come to think of it. And the shelter said they had picked that cat up in Lindon which really would have been a little far for Rascal to travel since we're in south Orem. It just wasn't him. :( I got the impound fee refunded to me and the boys and I left empty-handed. Fortunately, since Ryan had a doctor's appointment later that day, that word had been thrown around a lot already that day and so when we left without "Rascal", Ryan just thought we had to leave him at the doctor's....I didn't tell him that, he came up with it on his own. He didn't quite connect that when we came home we were still looking for Rascal (he was helping me call for him even!) Needless to say we're quite sad and worried about our kitty. The last time anyone remembers seeing him for sure was Tuesday, May 27th......it's possible we saw him after that day but since we weren't planning on losing him, we weren't paying attention to when and where. His eyes are closed in the picture but they're very green eyes and again, he's all grey except for the little bit of white in the front. If anyone should see him, please bring him home to us!!

No comments: