Monday, October 20, 2008

Lots Going On

I tried to post this over a week ago and something went awry, but here it is now:
--
So it's been awhile since I've posted. There have been several little things where I've thought, hey! I need to write that down, only to continue NOT writing things down. I've put a few things in my MSN quote bar but then forgotten to type them down somewhere else so I don't even know if I remember all those funny little quotes.
--
I do remember one though. It was a couple of weeks ago and Ryan asked Ben, "Ben, can I get you some water?" I thought it was so thoughtful of Ryan to ask Ben if he could serve him. And Ben's excited reply, "Yes!" was nice since he doesn't always want his big brother's help. But I had to laugh after that when Ryan then said, "Mommy, can you get Ben and me some water, please?" Yeah, serve his brother indeed. I guess he follows the sentiment, it's the thought that counts.
--
Oh! & I just remembered the other funny quote I put up there of Ben's. Ben was being unreasonably emotional one day, throwing tantrums left and right and so I threatened him with a nap if he couldn’t get himself under control. "I'm going to put you to bed if you can't calm down." The threat only made him more upset. And then after a few moments of me not paying attention to him (trying to give him time to calm down) he started yelling, “Put me to bed! Put me to bed!” I willingly complied and he was happy to be put down. He took a long nap too!
--
We really have had a quite a bit going on. I don't know if I mentioned that Paul & I are the new Wolf Den leaders in our ward. Wow! Talk about a challenge. Seven (it was EIGHT but one recently moved) active little 8 yr old boys! Last week Paul had a conference in Park City for his work and was there for a couple of nights so I got to do cub scouts all by myself Wednesday night. I thought about cancelling but knew that wouldn't really be fair to the boys. Instead I got one of the parents to join me and then we went over some requirements that would help most of the boys accomplish yet another "achievement" for a bead, that much closer to earning their Wolf. I was nervous about Paul not being there but it worked out pretty well. I put together a "Utah State Flag Pop Quiz" for the boys of 10 questions pertaining to things on the flag so that we could learn about the Utah state flag and they were awarded three pieces of candy corn for every answer they got right. I actually gave them the quiz before we went over any of the answers but they still did surprisingly well! Overall, I really think it was one of our more successful activities. The boys payed pretty good attention--well, better than usual anyway-- and I think they may actually remember some of it.....maybe not but it still went well.
--
We've been attending BYU football home games and they've been a lot of fun. We took the boys with us to the last two and go figure, I had the camera and don't think I even got any pictures.....oh well, it's not like I don't have enough pictures of my boys with BYU football! Paul & I decided that we're not so sure if we could continue to be season ticket holders though because it takes up so much of the day. Two games a year (which is what we averaged before this year) was about enough for us. We really enjoy watching the games at home with friends and family. We'll see what happens though. We're not against the idea entirely for future years, we just think it may be better to wait until children are grown and they can enjoy it better too.
--
So far we've been visited by the "Phantom Ghost" twice this year which was fun. There's a cute little poem attached to a plate of goodies from an unseen stranger and in turn, it becomes your turn to be the Phantom Ghost for someone else. That was fun. It's made Halloween a little more fun this year.
--
Honestly, I've got a LOT on my mind right now but my thoughts are very unorganized....I just figured it's been awhile since I posted so I should probably post something. Sorry it's nothing exciting. I'll be getting back on track soon.

No comments: