Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Backtracking.....July 13, 2008

When we got home from Oregon, Mom, Chuck, Rachel & Sarah were all waiting for us at home! They were stopping for a visit on their way up to Paul's graduation (bro-in-law, not husband)from BYU-I. (Congratulations Paul!) Anyway, they made a whole trip of it and came to spend the week before the graduation with us. It was kind of fun having them there when we got home! They had dinner ready for us and everything! We pretty much up stayed up all night every night playing games and enjoying company. Lissa & Nate came over to hang out while they were here too so our house was really full all week!
--
Grandma won Ryan & Ben over fairly quickly this time with some books she had bought them. The big hit was a WALL*E book since they had just seen the movie. Grandma read to them just about everyday I think and the boys loved it! Chuck & the girls did a lot of fishing--of course!! But not as much as past visits because Lars wasn't as available this time which means we did get to soo a little bit more of Chuck.
--
Friday they all went up to Idaho to help Paul & Christa pack their moving truck, who were moving back to California after graduation, and then went to Paul's graduation and turned right around and came back after it was over. Paul & Christa followed them Saturday morning and they were all here until Tuesday morning!! Then our house was even fuller!! But the best part was, there really was enough room for everyone! It made me very grateful for the home we live in and the opportunities it provides Paul & me to allow other people to come stay with us!

Ben & Keith

After evaluating the experience, going from the Oregon trip straight into a house full of people for the next week, plus, I wasn't as prepared to handle it as I thought. Don't get me wrong, I did okay; but the beginning of the week was a little harder on me than I originally thought it would be just because there was never really much of a break before the next big thing. It actaully worked out nicely that they all went up to Idaho Friday and that we stayed behind because not only did I get a brief reprieve (which was all I really needed), but Paul's boss had invited us over for a BBQ on Friday night and we were available to go without feeling like we were abandoning everyone or feeling like we were missing out on anything. So even though we had a break, we were still busy!!
--
It really was a lot of fun having everyone here and even though it was rough on me at first, I would do it all over again if I could! Sadly, I didn't get all the pictures I should have with G'ma & G'pa. I really will get better about that!! I can't wait til Christmas when we get to see everyone....with their babies!!


Christa & Lissa comparing bellies...They're only about 2-3 weeks apart.

No comments: