Thursday, August 21, 2008

Backtracking.....July 2, 2008

July 2nd was Paul & my 4th anniversary! Yay for us! It's been a wonderful 4 years and I have a lot to be grateful for! He's an awesome daddy and a great husband. We've had our moments of learning and trial but overall it's been a pretty positive four years! And things really do just keep getting better!


SO, this year for our anniversary we started the longest vacation of our lives, or marriage at least. That day, Wednesday, July 2, we started our trip to Oregon after Paul got off work. We traveled for about 5 hours until we reached Boise where we detoured for a couple of days. The boys did awesome in the car! They napped for a little bit but when they were awake, whenever they would start to get bored they'd come up with some new game to play with each other from their carseats in the back. Their favorite game was to throw their teddy bears toward each other, over the ice chest in between their seats, and then quickly pull them back...they thought that was just so funny! I didn't get a picture of them playing unfortunately but I did of them sleeping!

We stayed in Boise for two nights at the Residence Inn because on Thursday the 3rd, Paul worked out of Digis's newly acquired Boise office and we didn't want to have to worry about checking out while Paul was working. The boys & I hung out at the swimming pool most of the morning and then we went back and took naps in the afternoon, or really, they napped while I read the Twilight book my mom sent to me and urged me to read. (The funny part of that story was that I was the one who recommended it to her before I'd even read it! All my friends were reading it and thought it was a great book but I had never personally read it. After Mom read it, she figured it was my turn since I had recommended it so she sent it with Christa, who had been in California for the weekend and was on her way back through to Idaho.)

Of course, to be able to go swimming was a challenge in and of itself! The swimming diapers got left in Paul's car and he had the car. I was quite frustrated at that point because I very much had looked forward to swimming that day. After complaining to my friend Kari, online, about the situation, she was smart enough to use the internet to check out the nearest drug store so I could buy some. (Sometimes I pride myself on my resourcefulness; other times, I'm not so bright!) So the boys and I walked down to the nearest Albertson's, half a mile away, and then walked back. I didn't have a stroller either (also in the car), so I carried Ben on my shoulders the whole way. Ryan was a great little walker though and he kept up the whole way! When we got back we had a great time in the pool! Ryan acted like he's been in the water everyday and used his floaties all the way down to the deep end without fear! He would jump in at the shallow end, swim down the the opposite end of the pool, hoist himself out of the water, walk back to the shallow end (& I stress walk because he really wanted to run!) and then he'd do it all over again! Ben, on the other hand, sat out and watched most of the time. He never has been a big fan of the water. But he seemed to enjoy watching and occasionally he'd get up his courage enough to jump in for a minute or two before wanting out again.

After Paul got off work he wrestled with the boys for a minute before we took the boys to a matinee of Disney's WALL*E which the boys seemed to enjoy. Ryan was pretty excited about it because when we finally saw the rest of the family in Oregon the next day, it was the first thing he mentioned! Then we went out to dinner since Paul & I really didn't get to do even that on our anniversary, and when we got back to the hotel, followed the evening up with a little more swimming (and I did not get one swimming picture the whole time, bummer!) before putting our boys to sleep. It really was a full day of FUN!

**Ben has this thing about putting Pull-ups on his head! I have no idea where it came from!**

The next morning we checked out of the hotel and continued our journey to Oregon to visit Paul's grandparents and the rest of his family which showed up later that evening. In Paul's haste to get everything before we got out, he grabbed the wrong pillow and left my pillow there! Funny stuff!

No comments: